Monday, June 21, 2010

Backyard Fun



We had quite a project this weekend. The boys got a new playground for their birthday from me and Greg and my parents. We actually got a good deal on Craigslist for a used high quality playset - Greg picked it up in 2 trips last weekend and Greg and I spent all day Saturday putting it together.

Before...


During...


After...

(too bad Greg didn't get a picture of me standing on top of the monkey bars to screw the top of the roof together - I got a really good look at all of the neighbors from up there)


The boys love it! They have had so much fun playing on it. I think the playset has been turned into a ship and they have been calling each other Captain Luke and Captain Ryan. The morning after it was put together, Ryan got up at 6 am and got his shoes on and went outside to play.


Other backyard fun has been playing on the slip and slide. I set it up on the hill in the hopes they could slide down it like they do on their sleds - it took some practice and coaxing but they finally tried it out.



On Sunday we went for a picnic in the mountains for Father's Day and then went to the see Toy Story 3 (which was so good). Greg is a wonderful husband and dad (evidenced by spending his whole Saturday putting together a very large playset and then taking his children to a Disney movie on Father's Day) and I am so thankful that he is the father of my children.


Video of the boys playing on the slip and slide.


The baseball cake that I made this past week.


Nana and Grandad have come to visit and we're going to the Rockies v. Red Sox game tomorrow night. Both boys are excited about going to the game, but Luke seems to think he is going to actually be able to play.

No comments: