Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Baseball Day



Besides coming to see the boys, Nana and Grandad came here to go to the Rockies v. Red Sox game. The boys and I went with them for last night's game. Greg is out of town for a few days this week and wasn't able to go to the game, but his dad was able to come with us. We had a really good time and the boys loved it. Greg and his dad predicted they wouldn't last 2 innings, but they did fine and we stayed until the end. Part of getting them through the game were all of the "treats" that Grandad provided for them. Ryan really had a great time. He clapped and yelled when every one else did, even though he had no idea what was going on. Luke enjoyed spotting all of the food vendors and asking Grandad to get him something else. The first thing that came by was the cotton candy. He asked me if I had any dollars (his term) and when I said I didn't he wanted to know why (because no one has given me any dollars). Grandad took pity on him and the treat fest began.


The boys with their 2 grandfathers.

A hot and sweaty me with my boys (they didn't share their drinks with me).

Below- the culinary adventures of Ryan and Luke


Hot Dogs

Cotton Candy


Slurpies

Not pictured: peanuts and cracker jacks



Ryan loved playing with the binoculars.

Luke had thought that he was going to play at the baseball game. Grandad told him he was going to watch baseball - but since Luke has never played or watched baseball before we needed to give him a point of reference. Nana got a t-ball set and Grandad helped the boys learn how to hit. Ryan rocks at it - he can hit the crud out of the ball. Luke does pretty well - he doesn't have Ryan's patience to line up the bat and the ball, so he only hits it about half the time. Much to Greg's disappointment (mainly because he doesn't want to sit through Little League games), I can see Ryan being a baseball player - he likes to play and watch it.


Tomorrow we are heading to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. They have the best giraffe exhibit where you can feed them crackers. That was something my mom and I did often when I was about the boys, age and we lived in Colorado Springs. I am looking forward to seeing the boys' reaction when the giraffes stick out their long tongues at them to get the cracker.

No comments: