Monday, June 14, 2010

Swim Lessons



The boys started the second week in swim lessons today. I am amazed by the vast improvement over last year Luke has become totally comfortable in the water and Ryan has been practicing how long he can hold his breath under the water during bath time (7 seconds tonight). Luke is almost floating on his back and he is trying really hard to get the coordination down to swim on his own. Last year Ryan spent the first 2 days of swim lessons sitting by the pool but not getting in and he is now willing to do everything his swim teacher asks him to try.



For their birthday, Jeff and Cristy got the boys a slip and slide. Jeff said at the time that he expected to see bruises and scabs as a result. He will be happy to hear that I have the bloody knee to prove that I have been on it. I had to demonstrate to the boys how to run and jump on your stomach to slide down. They never had the courage to fall on their stomachs, but they had a good time running down it. Next time I'll set it up on the hill and push them down like I do when they sled.


Ryan and Davis have become pretty good friends. Ryan loves the animals and he is by far the best with them. Much to Ryan's joy, Davis has taken to taking a nap with him every day.

Luke has had a good time playing Harry Potter this week. He has been wearing his robe and glasses and he runs around the house saying things like " Wingardium Leviosa" which is the spell to make objects levitate.


Recent things:

Luke's latest favorite word is awesome. He likes to declare anything that he finds interesting or new as "awesome" or "really cool."

Both boys have become super sweet and affectionate with me. While I was sitting with Ryan last week during this nap he said, "Mama, I want to give you a big hug and a kiss." Last night, Luke said, "Mama, you're a real nice girl. I like you lots of days." They are both such sweet boys.

We have discovered that mornings are their best time of time in terms of getting along. They have allowed us to sleep in an hour or two longer a few times this past week while they play and create games downstairs by themselves.

Video of Luke today at swim lessons.


I made this soccer cake on Saturday for the US v. England World Cup game. I tried a new technique to create the seals for each country.


Greg and I have plans at home this week and weekend which you'll have to stay tuned for.

No comments: